What is Chelation Therapy?
Chelation therapy is a treatment used to detoxify the body of toxic heavy metals, such as mercury, lead, aluminum, arsenic, and cadmium, by binding them (as they are stored in different types of tissue in the body such as thyroid and nervous system) and carrying them out of the body in the urine. Chelation can be administered through an IV or orally (less common) with specific chelating agents – EDTA and DMPS, each of which has affinity for different type of heavy metals.
What are heavy metals?
Heavy metals are persistent in the environment and have documented potential for serious health issues. Chronic heavy metal toxicity may damage:
- central nervous system
- cardiovascular system
- gastrointestinal system
- thyroid function and endocrine glands
How do I know if I have heavy metals and need Chelation Therapy?
There are many common symptoms that can be related to chronic heavy metal burden. If you have many of the symptoms listed below, we may order a test to evaluate what level of toxicity you have. That test involves administering a Chelation IV (EDTA and DMPS) followed by a 6 hour urine collection. After this evaluation, a recommendation may be made regarding treatment for reducing this burden on the body through IV chelation treatments
What are the symptoms of heavy metal toxicity?
- Chronic fatigue syndrome
- Autoimmune conditions
- Hashimoto’s hypothyroid
- Muscle or joint pains
- High blood pressure or early cardiovascular disease
- Brain fog, difficulty concentrating, and memory loss
- Numbness, burning, or tingling in the extremities
- Visual disturbances
- Hormone dysfunction
- Issues with mood such as depression and anxiety
- Immune dysfunction – frequent infections, allergies, colds and flus
- Chronic yeast infections
- Kidney damage
- Hardening and blockage of arteries
- Poor leg circulation
Benefits of Chelation Therapy
- improved energy
- improved cardiovascular health and artery function (including lowering blood pressure, decreasing chest pains and lowering cholesterol)
- improved vision
- decrease yeast/Candida overgrowth
- Balances hormones and decreases the need to hormone replacement
- relief from leg cramps
- reduction in allergy symptoms
- fewer aches and pains
- improves kidney function and decrease varicose veins
- improves cognitive function
Chelation Therapy is a safe, effective method of helping the body to detoxify and eliminate heavy metals from the body.
If you would like to discuss Chelation Therapy and Heavy Metal Testing, you can schedule an appointment here, or phone the office at 778 383 9863.