- Are you, or is someone you love, suffering from weight gain, hair loss, exhaustion, constipation, depression, or brain fog?
- Are you fed up with taking one prescription after the next, chasing your symptoms without getting relief?
- Does your doctor tell you your thyroid is fine even though you know you have symptoms of low thyroid?
I’m here to provide knowledge and compassion, looking to understand and never dismiss your complaints.
Many people don’t realize that these symptoms are frequently caused by a thyroid disorder or imbalance. One in eight women will develop a thyroid disorder during her lifetime- but the bigger problem is that nearly 60 percent of these people are completely unaware of their condition—let alone how to heal it. Millions of people are suffering—trying all kinds of diets, pills, and treatments to clear their mental fog, to boost energy and lose weight. Unfortunately, they aren’t treating the root causes.
Could Health Problems Be Related To Your Thyroid?
They could if you feel like this:
- Fatigue, tired or sluggish
- Cold feet or hands
- Excessive amounts of sleep to function?
- Easily gaining weight or have difficulty losing weight?
- Difficult or infrequent bowel movements
- Lack of motivation
- Thinning hair or excess hair loss
- Irregular menstrual periods or PMS
- Skin or scalp dryness
- Mental sluggishness
- Heart palpitations
- Increased pulse even at rest
- Nervous and emotional
- Suffer from insomnia
- Night sweats
- Hashimoto’s or Graves Disease
Let Me Show You How Balancing Your Thyroid Can Transform Your Life
Every cell in the body has receptors for thyroid hormone; these hormones are responsible for the most fundamental aspects of body function, impacting all major systems of the body. You can think of the thyroid as the central gear in a sophisticated engine – if that gear breaks, the entire engine goes down with it.
Most people know that thyroid disorders can cause weight gain, digestive problems, and fatigue. But did you know that it can also cause symptoms like brain fog, depression, dementia, dry skin, hair loss, cold intolerance, hoarse voice, irregular menstruation, and even infertility- most people don’t.
My 7-step Approach to Thyroid Disorders
This is the first and most important step. We’ll take a detailed look at how your thyroid is functioning and run tests to determine the root causes of your thyroid issues – we look to see if an immune condition might cause your thyroid issues. Some of the areas we’ll investigate include food allergies, digestive system imbalances, adrenal function, nutrient status, MTHFR genes, toxins, and inflammation. With this foundation of information, we can start to design your recovery protocol and put you on track.
We determine what the optimal dose and form of medication (if any) is for you. While medication is at times necessary, it’s certainly not the only option to consider. The appropriate medication is useless if the immune system is not addressed and thyroid-supportive nutrients provided. It all needs to work together.
Digestion and Gut Healing
A properly functioning digestive system is critical to proper thyroid function. Dysbiosis (an imbalance of gut flora) creates irritation of the lining of the GI tract, which, if left unchecked for a long period, could lead to increased permeability. This, in turn, leads to more immune provocation and antibody formation, and that could set the stage for autoimmune disease- which we don’t want happening to you. A healthy gut means a healthy thyroid!
Chronic stress and hormone imbalances are associated with thyroid problems also. Our immune system and hormone system are interconnected with our thyroid, so to strengthen one, we must also strengthen and rebalance the other.
Detoxify & Remove Triggers
We focus on removing triggers of thyroid problems, such as viral infections, food allergies, gluten, heavy metals, chemicals, environmental estrogens, and solvents. We focus on lowering daily environmental toxin exposures, giving liver supportive nutrients, and increasing glutathione levels to help your liver do a better job at removing toxins from your body.
Defend & Rebuild
This involves repairing and rebuilding your immune system. We work to strengthen and balance your immunity so that viruses and other microbes are disabled and prevented from constantly stimulating your immune system.
Designing Your Recovery Protocol
This is where all of our past work culminates and turns into a design for your personalized thyroid recovery protocol.
Using my proven 7-step approach to thyroid imbalance, we’ll help you can regain your energy, restore your metabolism, lose the unwanted weight, and get your life back.
Do You Have A Thyroid Issue?
Thyroid Self Assessment – Answer yes or no for the following questions:
- I am often tired or fatigued
- I gain weight easily
- I can’t lose weight despite diet and exercise
- I need a large amount of sleep to function or never feel rested
- I have cold hands or feet
- I have dry or brittle skin, hair and nails
- I feel cold when others are warm or have a low body temperature
- I get morning headaches that wear off as the day progresses
- I have had a change in voice
- I have thinning hair and/or hair loss.
- I experience constipation (less than one bowel movement per day) or stool that is hard or difficult to pass
- I experience brain fog and/or difficulty concentrating
- I feel depressed or am often in a low mood
- The outer third of my eyebrows are thinning
- My libido is low
- I have high cholesterol
If you answered yes to:
0 – 3 You are at low-moderate risk for hypothyroidism. You would likely benefit from a few targeted dietary, lifestyle, and supplement upgrades.
4 – 7 You may be at moderate to high risk for hypothyroidism. You would likely benefit from more comprehensive thyroid testing.
8+ You may be at high risk for hypothyroidism and should be the major focus of treatment. Thyroid dysfunction may stand in the way of health improvements. You likely will benefit from a more comprehensive dietary and lifestyle treatment program, as well as additional testing and treatments for thyroid disorders. Checking thyroid antibodies will be very important.