The safety of our patients is our top priority, and as such, we have made changes to our clinic physical space, schedule and patient flow. As a clinic, we have taken all measures to minimize risk of viral transmission, according to guidelines set out by the Public Health office. Some of the changes include: separate spacing of patients in our waiting room to strictly adhere to physical distancing guidelines, contactless payment option for billing and check-outs, plexi-glass barriers within the clinic, strict sanitizing and cleaning protocols, spacing out patient visits to eliminate overlap.
We are providing masks to wear at all times in the office for those that have not brought their own. Patients entering the office will be required to sanitize their hands upon arrival.
Please attend the visit alone. We require that only you the patient attend the visit, with the exception of parents accompanying children or a caregiver providing support.
Frequent and repetitive pre-screening questions (according to BC COVID Assessment Guidelines) and informed consents are necessary for all in office appointments. These will be sent out 2 hours prior to every appointment and we will have paper copies available in the office. Honest answers to pre-screening questions are required to reduce risk of viral transmission to others.
While in the office, all patients and visitors will be expected to follow the new office policies in place to protect our patients, staff, and vulnerable members of society.
Office policies may evolve over time as the guidelines from regulating bodies, the Provincial Health Office and WorkSafeBC evolve and change.
Cancellation policies have been relaxed for reasons of symptoms/sickness, but we still appreciate as much notice as possible when cancelling appointments.
Please do no arrive early for your appointment unless requested in order to complete paperwork
If you answer yes to any of the following questions, your appointment will be held via telemedicine (phone or video). If you require an in office appointment, we will assist you with rescheduling:
- Severe difficulty breathing (e.g. struggling to breathe or speaking in single words)
- Severe chest pain
- Having a very hard time waking up
- Feeling confused
- Losing consciousness
- Mild to moderate shortness of breath
- Inability to lie down because of difficulty breathing
- Chronic health conditions that you are having difficulty managing because of difficulty breathing
- Are you experiencing cold, flu or COVID-19-like symptoms, even mild ones?
- Symptoms include: fever, chills, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat and painful swallowing, stuffy or runny nose, loss of sense of smell, headache, muscle aches, fatigue or loss of appetite.
- Have you travelled to any countries outside Canada (including the United States) within the last 14 days?
- Did you provide care or have close contact with a person with confirmed COVID-19?