My Patient Relationship
Phase I – The Discovery Session – Getting to know one another
This is the first and most important step of our working relationship. At our first appointment, we’ll take a detailed medical history and review any previous lab work you might have and work together to determine exactly what is most important to you. We’ll also discuss your current diet, medications, and supplements, and then make decisions on any advanced in-depth lab testing that will be necessary to your treatment and how your body is functioning.
We look carefully for signs of abnormal physiology and address any imbalances with natural medicine or integrative medicine. Some of the tests we might consider include:
- Additional blood tests for specific conditions, such as high cholesterol, hypothyroidism, autoimmune disease, food allergies, leaky gut, and gluten sensitivity.
- Advanced stoowell testing to screen for parasites, fungal overgrowth, bacterial infections, intestinal inflammation, dysbiosis and a deficiency of beneficial gut bacteria.
- Urine organic acids testing to screen for small intestinal bacterial overgrowth, fungal overgrowth, problems metabolizing fat or carbohydrate, B-vitamin status, methylation issues, detoxification capacity, oxidative stress, and neurotransmitter metabolism.
- Saliva, serum or urinary hormone testing for adrenal, cortisol, estrogen, progesterone, and testosterone hormone status.
- Testing for heavy metals like mercury, lead, cadmium and arsenic.
- Micronutrient testing to look for vitamin, mineral, and antioxidant status
- Autoimmune testing to look for antibodies to various tissues in the body which allow us to potentially stop autoimmune disease years before it starts
- Genetic testing for methylation pathways and single-nucleotide polymorphisms that may contribute to cardiovascular disease, autoimmunity, and detoxification impairment
- Food allergy testing to look for hidden foods allergies
We use these lab results with a full intake and exam to create a treatment plan specifically designed for your unique needs. The results of the lab tests we use might uncover nutrient deficiencies, food allergies, hormone imbalances, genetic predispositions, low adrenal function or adrenal fatigue, low thyroid function, heavy metal toxicity, cardiovascular imbalances, neurotransmitter imbalances, food allergies, digestive system imbalances, leaky gut and dysbiosis, autoimmunity, and hidden infections. All of these findings are commonly the causes of metabolic and hormonal problems. Depending on your concerns and your history, we may start treatment that day in the office.
Phase II – The Foundation Sessions – Developing Your Wellness Plan
Now that we have an understanding of your unique needs, we can begin to develop a customized plan. Yes, customized- at your follow up appointment, we review your lab test results and go into a more detailed comprehensive treatment plan that focuses on bringing your body back into balance and get you feeling better, fast!
You will receive a personalized wellness folder with two sections:
We will spend time going through your results so you clearly understand what they mean, and how they relate to your concerns. We will likely uncover important things that most other doctors have missed or ignored- it’s what we’re good at.<
We create a personalized wellness plan that outlines your specific treatments addressing your concerns, your lab results, and your health goals.
The work we do in The Foundation Sessions is often focused on addressing these key areas that can cause metabolic and hormonal chaos, including:
- Restoring your digestive system
- Addressing your nutrient deficiencies
- Improving your sleep and stress
- Balancing your neurotransmitters
- Balancing your hormones
- Addressing your food allergies and blood sugar metabolism
- Supporting your thyroid and adrenals
- Improving your detoxification and liver support
- Boosting your metabolism
- Strengthening your immune system and lowering inflammation
- Treating your pain
Phase III – The Restore Session – Measure and Assess Progress
The Restore Session involves measuring and tracking the progress you’ve made in restoring balance in your body. We will re-run individual tests to make sure that we are on the right track and if needed, update and revise treatment. The Restore Session gives you the opportunity to stay in close contact with us on a regular basis, so you never feel alone or get frustrated. Working closely together allows us to make timely changes to your plan if we need to and also makes sure that your plan has you walking on the right path towards recovery.
Phase IV- The Rejuvenation Sessions – Optimal Health and Anti-Aging Strategies
The Rejuvenation Sessions are focused on helping you continue to look and feel like the best possible version of yourself – you 2.0!
At this point, you are done all the in-depth work from the previous 3 phases, and you’re ready to shift into cruise control working on maintenance, prevention, and anti-aging strategies. These brief check-ins are also designed to keep you accountable and on track to reach your goals and maintain your current progress through continued support and guidance. We continue our work to optimize health, hormone balance, body composition, and anything else that pops up down the road.
Phase V- The Shine Sessions
While it’s true, beauty starts from within, “looking good” also helps you feeling good too. Curating a cutting edge, non-toxic, natural aesthetic procedures, products and tools we can use to help you look your best while defying your age is something we dearly love. My signature beauty treatment is the Naturopathic PRP Facial.